Pages

Monday, 21 June 2010

Herb Garden

I love to cook and use lots of spices and herbs in my recipes. I also have some medical plants. Now is the time to dry the leaves and store them in a moisture-proved containers.
Do that before flowering. The leaves should be dried as quickly as possible. I guess I have to wait for the weather to improve before I pick them up. Unbelievable, but today is summer day and it seems like autumn! It rains cats and dogs and the temperature is again below 15°C!
I use some of them as spice, the other make a nice cup of tea or cake flavour. Plants that cannot survive low winter temperatures outside like laurel and rosemary, are planted into containers and kept in the house during the winter.

My herb and medical plant list:

  Salvia officinalis
  Salvia officinalis 'Tricolor'
  Mentha piperita
  Lavandula angustifolia
  Levisticum officinalis
  Anethum graveolens
  Allium schoenoprasum
  Ruta graveolens
  Rosmarinus officinalis
  Calendula officinalis
  Monarda sp.
  Echinacea purpurea
  Laurus nobilis
  Tanacetum parthenium
  Thymus vulgaris
  Thymus praecox 'Coccineus'
  Mentha piperita
  Melissa officinalis
  Origanum vulgare 'Compactum'
  Origanum vulgare 'Aureum'
  Artemisia absinthium
  Tanacetum balsamita
               Satureja hortensis
               Calendula officinalis
               Allium ursinum
               Ocimum basilicum
               Apium graveolens





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!