Pages

Saturday, 11 September 2010

Late Summer Sizzlers

Flowers are slowly opening changing the colour from pink to red.

My garden makes me grin. There are still flowers to come and my September garden will be full of colour and interest. Only, it's been raining constantly, and the blossoms need some sun too...
One of my favourite plants is Sedum telephium 'Herbstfreude' (Autumn Joy); the name is certainly well deserved! Just take a look at the picture above! I purchased three plants in 2006 and by now I have divided them two times. In the beginning the flowers are pink, but they will turn red when full in bloom.
Sedum telephium 'Purple Emperor' is another showy sedum with purple stems and foliage and, pink flowers.

Sedum telephium 'Purple Emperor'

Asters are full of flower buds that will be opened any time now. At the moment, only Aster novi-belgii 'Marie Ballard' has opened it's flowers.

Aster novi-belgii 'Marie Ballard'

Anemone japonica produces lots of new flower buds and will probably flower for a long time.

Anemone japonica

Dahlias are so beautiful that I came to piece with the fact they need to be lifted when the first frosts start and planted again in late Spring.

Dahlia sp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!