Pages

Thursday, 14 July 2011

Catch a Thief!


You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to conclude - my little thief is back! I found yesterday these hollow nuts on the ground and I knew immediately - squirrels from the nearby park started to harvest my hazelnuts. I am not mad at all; I just enjoy the variety of wild life in my garden. The most amusing thing with squirrels is their need to dig up acorns into my vegetable garden! 
Well, I am just wandering when will I catch these little thieves, with my camera, of course! 

9 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to get a few photos of the squirrels. They would be fun to watch. Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these red or grey squirrels? Do you have greys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have problems with a different type of thief at present: The Blackbirds are stealing all my Blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have many squirrels here. They love the plentiful acorns in the woodlands, but I think their favorite snack is the birdseed we put out for the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is probably red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris), European native species I saw in the park. But, grey squirrel, introduced from North America is also present and is pushing out red squirrel. Red squirrels do not prefer acorns so, it might be the fact that both of them are visiting my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joj pa ovo je stvarno djelo nekog malog glodavca...pozz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our greys were introduced from America too and have pushed the reds out of most areas of England

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kalipso, I found your blog through Mark's. I wouldn't knock back a squirrel or two in my garden, but I am afraid it isn't going to happen :)

    Do hazelnuts grow undergound?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ali, I am not sure what do you mean - hazelnuts grow underground??

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!