Pages

Friday, 22 July 2011

How Do You Like Your Melon?


Besides ice cream, cantaloupe melons are my favourite dessert for hot summer days. This is how I prefer it. Very simple.


Cut the melon in halves and scoop out the seeds.
Scoop out the flesh and put it in a dish. If you have that special tool for scooping out little balls, use it! If not, cut the flesh into small pieces.
You can use the melon halves as bowls. If you like, cut the brim in a zigzag line to decorate it.
Add four spoons of sugar and two spoons of rum to the melon balls, stir and fill in the 'bowls'.
I put the bowls into a deep freezer for an hour because I like them cold.






7 comments:

  1. I like my melon RIPE. How is it that we only seem to be able to buy melons that are hard and crunchy???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja nisam baš ljubitelj dinje,mora biti extra slatka da bih ju pojela,ali znam da je divna osvježavajuća pogotovo prohlađena..divno si ju prezentirala ..veliki pozz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, not sure why you would add sugar. Most the melons we have been getting are very sweet by themselves. Have you tried salting your melon, the salt brings out the sweetness, we did this when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randy, sugar is optional, depends on how sweet is the melon... I never tried salting it, surely, I will try it. We also eat this melon with prosciutto.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try putting it in the freezer...bet that is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful! I have a melon to eat tonight - I think I'll try it this way!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!