Pages

Monday, 11 July 2011

Summer Container


A big vase I have at the entrance of my house is a place for seasonal changes. This summer I planted contrasting colours - purple and gold with some pink. 
I placed Coleus in the middle; it has purple and green leaves. It is surrounded by violet coloured flowers of Verbena, two varieties of Ipomena - one with pale green and the other with purple leaves -  and, Helychrisum with golden foliage and one trailing Perlagonium with pink flowers.

Perlagonium peltatum

Velvety flowers of Verbena.




13 comments:

  1. So pretty. I didn't plant any containers this year; the plants are just too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful combination of colours! I absolutely love the Pelargonium.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely planting choices. The Verbena is just gorgeous. Love the Pelargonium too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flowers, a splash of colour near the front or back door makes such a difference - so cheerful. Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful - the verbena is a striking colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. Plants in Croatia are not so expensive. I buy plants year after year from the same local grower. Though he has a place on our market, I use to go direct to his nursery where I can choose among many more varieties and species than on the market. As a trustful buyer I get some discount too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pelargonium peltatum is strikingly beautiful. It really stands out among the other colors. I like the combinations you chose. Sweet potato vine always looks pretty in containers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful combintion!! It's really striking. I love the verbena against the yellow foliage. Very pretty!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely container and lovely colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. predivna cvjetna kombinacija:)))....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Predivno koji krasan mix cvijeća:)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!