Pages

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

After Rain

It's been raining these past few days and all the flowers are heavy from raindrops. Now and then the sun peeks through the clouds and then it rains again! That is why I hurried out to take some photographs in the garden before the rain starts to fall down again...

The beautiful paeony 'Festiva Maxima'

Lyshimachia procumbens among the fern leaves.

Sweet Wiliam (Dianthus barbatus)

Knotweed (Polygonum polymorphum)

I put the reed shades on the pergola.




4 comments:

  1. Vesna, I love Polygonum too, I plant it after the other plant because it's high. The peons are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a bold plant and it looks great as solitary plant besides the pond.

      Delete
  2. Our sweet Williams are just budding at the moment but they provide lovely cut flowers once they are open

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sweet William because it is an undemanding, good self-seeding plant.

      Delete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!