Pages

Friday, 4 May 2012

New Arrivals


This hollow tree trunk almost finished it's life in the compost yard. Last year, old chestnut trees were cut down and new planted in a nearby street. I got two of these hollow trunks that will serve as planters. I only need to widen up the hollow a bit.
To my great surprise, the old Horse Chestnut trees (Aesculus hippocastanum) were replaced by gorgeous Red Chestnut (Aesculus carnea) which is now in full bloom. The lane look very nice.


Yesterday new plants arrived from the Decora nursery. As I worked there some years ago, the owner always fill up generously my order with bonus plants. This is the list of new arrivals in my garden:

Hemerocallis 'Amadeus'
Hemerocallis 'Dragon's Eye' - gorgeous!
Hemerocallis 'Avant Garde'
Solidago 'Golden Mosa'
Veronicastrum 'Lavenderturm'
Astilbe 'Prof. van der Wielen'
Chrysanthemum 'Mary Stoker'
Astilbe 'Deutschland'
Bergenia 'Eroica'
Bergenia 'Rotblum'
Helenium 'Biedermeier'
Helenium 'Rauchtopas'
Heliopsis 'Asahi'

Lots of sweet work for Saturday!

Image credit: Dave's garden

6 comments:

  1. Sviđa mi se tvoj novi blog, divan je!

    Prekrasne fotke... sve je super!

    Veliki pozdrav:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Chestnut has beautiful blooms. Those stumps will look so pretty planted up. Looks like you added some wonderful new plants to your garden. I love lilies too. Have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked in a nursery? Really? I'm so envious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Donna, I worked in a nursery. I am actually a gardener only don't work as one for the time being.
      I have finished RHS Level 2 and 3 horticulture and spent thee months in RBG Kew in London doing my horticultural praxis. The most wonderful time of my life.

      Delete
  4. You have a lot of work ahead of you. I spent most of the morning planting. My back hurts and I am slightly sunburned; it was a great day. You will have a good time, too. Post photos when you are done.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!