Pages

Sunday, 13 May 2012

Polemonium yezoense


One single plant of Polemonium ( Jacob's Ladder) survived last harsh winter in my garden. Obviously, ordering new plants will be one of the autumn garden tasks. 
I love this plant because of the heavenly blue colour of it's flowers. The foliage is also very interesting being purplish-black in colour. This plant is easy to grow providing a sunny spot and average moisture. No special preferences for the soil type. The plant is supposed to be self-seeding so, I am expecting some seedlings too.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that is a lovely blue - looks espcially good with the yellow centre

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look lovely! Such polemonium in my garden is still to flower, but we have rather cold spring... I have a couple of such plants and no seedlings yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue is a hard color to find for the garden. Yours is especially pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!