Pages

Friday, 22 June 2012

Peas Time


Watching the BBC documentary the other day about the food we eat and buy in supermarkets, I feel blessed to have a garden on my own where I grow healthy food. My eight vegetable beds are quite enough to me to grow various vegetables without herbicides and pesticides used.
I picked up all of my peas today. Peas are so productive this year and healthy as well. I picked them up in three turns, each time having about four litres of peas. Yes, we measure peas by litres, that is the amount of peas that can fill the one litre pot.


They were packed so tight into the pods that I find some hard to open. When it snapped, some peas flew into the air! I had much fun opening the pods.


Pods go to compost, peas into deep freezer!



5 comments:

  1. I wish I had that many peas to harvest! Maybe you should try making pea soup with the pods? Since you haven't used any pesticides on them they might be quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never cooked the pea soup with the pods but, I am sure it is delicious.

      Delete
  2. Your peas look amazing! A superb harvest. I found getting peas to germinate this year was difficult so that makes your harvest even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peas germinate on 4C so maybe you sowed it too late. It likes colder growing conditions.

      Delete
  3. WE are really struggling like Kelli this year.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!