Pages

Friday, 13 July 2012

Orchid


Sometimes I am amazed how little it takes to make the plants grow better and develop flowers. So it was with my purple flowering orchid - Phalaenopsis. Shortly after I transferred the pot onto a bright light window sill  it started to developed flower stems! It doesn't like direct sun light and needs high air moisture.


The pot stays into another decorative pot where there is some water on the bottom . It's evaporation provides the moisture around the plant. I just have to make sure the pot doesn't stays above the water level.
It seems to works because I noticed lots of new aerial roots forming.

Take a look at the lower 'lip'...





1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get my orchids to flower again but so far no luck

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!