Pages

Monday, 3 September 2012

September


September started with fog (??!) and overcast but no rain at all. What usually is a cropping time, in my garden completely failed. Well, I have some tomatoes and tiny hazelnuts and that is all. As for flowers, only roses withstand this awful drought. 
Two days ago heavy rain showers stroke the coastal regions but not the place where I live. Not a drop fell. For instance, the town of  Zadar on the coast was completely flooded  with 110 litres of rain in one single afternoon. It is usual monthly average in summer!


I broke no garden watering rule last evening and watered the garden completely. Otherwise, I will have no garden at all. I feel really miserable looking at the dry yellow foliage of the plants. I pray only for them to survive. At least, it is not so hot any more and one sleeps well at night. It does good to plants as well.

3 comments:

  1. I hope your local Council doesn't read your blog - otherwise they may try to prosecute for failing to obey the "No watering" ban! I feel sorry for you, because we have had the opposite problem: the wettest Summer for 100 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pity that we can't all share the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. That's so sad. The drought does have a fatal impact in our life. Hope it will rain soon.
    RTO training & consulting

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!