Pages

Sunday, 16 December 2012

Vegetables in December


The thermometer (stands on the wall in a shade) shows 13°C! Of course, the snow has completely gone. I have made some Christmas decoration on the table standing on the terrace. Love to see something nice when looking through the window in a winter day.
I also hanged my old bird-feeder and put some decorations on them too. Judging by the number of visits, my feather friends are delighted.


The snow serves as a good protection from the cold and in my vegetable garden there is still crop to pick up. Winter lettuce developed very good seedlings. I do not replant them at this time of the year, just thin them up leaving space for other to grow bigger.


This mini-cabbage is actually a bud of Brussels sprout. This happens when you wait too long to pick them up. I eat these too, of course. 


Still plenty of others to pick up.


It is a beautiful sunny day, I am going out!





1 comment:

  1. 13 degrees is almost HOT for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!