Pages

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

2013 Vegetable List


I have just bought some seed trays, a bag of compost and a bag of organic fertilizer. I am ready for sowing the seeds! I usually sow it directly into the soil, but this year I will sow many of my vegetables in trays to get early seedlings. The trays I bought have 12 cells, ideal to sow one kind of vegetable in one. I do not need many plants at once and I will sow the seeds three times every second week. It prolongs the cropping season too.

This is my vegetable list for the following gardening season:

Pea 'American Wonder'
Broad bean 'Aquadulce', these two go directly into the soil round mid-March because they like cooler growing conditions and germinate at 4°C.
Celery 'Galaxy', self bleached
Celeriac
Kale 'Precoce di Toscana',
Kale 'Scarlet'

Kale 'Black Tuscany'
Lettuce, mixed
Parsley 'Lisette'
Tomatillo, to try something new
Pepper 'Numex Twilight'
Swiss Chard 'Bright Lights'
Climbing bean 'Dolico del metro'
Spinach
Dwarf french bean 'Boston'
Dwarf French bean 'Amethyst'


Mangold
Cucumber 'Sunnybrook'
Courgette
Tomatoes, several varieties

I buy seedlings from cabbage family on the market and usually plant.
Kohlrabi
Cabbage, early
Brussels sprouts



Onion and garlic are already planted in Autumn, but I will plant some more onion bulbs because I love spring onion.



3 comments:

  1. What a great selection of veg seeds! It's not very often that you hear of anyone growing Mangolds. Here in the UK they are perceived as cattle-fodder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely, cattle knows what's good! Lots of vitamin K, calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium. Mangold is very popular on the coastal regions in Croatia. Cooked, with addition of cooked potatoes and seasoned wit garlic and olive oil it is often served as a side dish to fish.

      Delete
  2. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals right now and gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!