Pages

Monday, 22 April 2013

Going Easy Today


What a place to make a nest! I found it in my
other shed where I keep a lawnmower and my bike. I too keep there a couple of wood planks and some tools such as these rakes where some birdie made the nest upon. So cute. The nest is empty but I will leave it to see whether it is from the last season or the this one.


This is my new compost bin. I used four old palettes to make it; simple and easy. My work today was more relaxing, no digging but only tiding up and clearing my potting place. I got a big old wooden table from my mother's friend who is moving into a flat. She also said I can dig up all the plants I want from her garden. I am so happy. Now I have so many space to stack up pots and place water bottles and potting tools. Tomorrow, I will go to get the plants from her garden and sow the flower seeds outdoors.

 

Maybe I find the time to mow the lawn again!

6 comments:

  1. All types of birds are busily making nests in our garden. It's as if suddenly they have sprung into action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute. I see blackbird entering the bushy ivy that covers the fence. They made a nest somewhere inside.

      Delete
  2. I want to do the same with my old palletes. Currently my compost is a real heap :) But it doesn't look nice in the garden, I need to cover it with something.

    Thanks for sharing good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really easy to make such compost bin.And, compost should be covered to stay moist. If it is too dry, pour some water over it.

      Delete
  3. Hope you get some nice plants from your mother's friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I got some very nice plants. It was raining overnight and the ground was just right for planting.

      Delete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!