Pages

Saturday, 20 April 2013

Hard Work is My Destiny


 One might think, the moment you build up all the hardware (garden features) in your garden and plant the plants, which I call garden software, the work is done. But no, garden is a living creature, undergoing growth  and profusion but also decoy and destruction. So it is in my garden and yours as well, I believe. Apart from regular maintenance, I always have some corner to change and build up, some new patch to plant.


I built up this brick way in the morning. It took me a lot of digging and leveling the ground before I simply laid the bricks. But I am satisfied with the result. I will half-fill the brick holes with sand and then with sand-cement mixture to make it impenetrable for weeds.  The way leads to a triangle shaped patch behind my garden fence. It is surrounded by Forsythias and hidden from the eyes of others. It is actually a community ground and I got permission to use it. I have my compost heaps there and lots of space to store all the garden waist. 
Now I have to finish digging the ground on the left side of the path and make a planting plan. That's is, physically, less demanding job.


Now, the tulips and Magnolias are in full bloom... 


3 comments:

  1. Yes Vesna, you are right - a garden is never finished. There is always something else you need (or want) to do! Are the bricks new, or are they second-hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought these bricks some 12 years ago when I did some arch in my kitchen (the bricks are actually decorative) and these are left unused. So, I used them now for this path.

      Delete
  2. The buds on our magnolia have just started to swell and show the colour of the petals.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!