Pages

Sunday, 28 April 2013

Hypertufa Planters


Last Friday I was busy making the planters of hypertufa. I made lots of planters because I will have my own stand at the flower show next Sunday here where I live. 


I made them in all shapes and sizes, with handles and without, round and rectangular. Because of the very warm weather we have they were dry enough by today to be planted. I mostly used Sempervivums and Sedums, succulent plants that can survive poor growing conditions. I also used some small ferns that grow on the walls and thyme as well. So, here, there are some of my pot gardens.






The plants need some time to establish and fill in the small gaps but even now, it look all good to me!




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, there is no tortoise but I plan to make one. I have seen some ideas on net.

      Delete
  2. Somehow, even though we know they are new, they look old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do, thanks to the look of hypertufa the planters already have that old look.

      Delete
  3. What's a hyper tufa planters?? This is the first time I heard of it. I love succulents and I have a collection of them. They would be perfect I those planters. I glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    Hypertufa is an artificial material used to make all kinds of things. Once dry, it looks like a stone. Juts google the word and you will find lots of recipes for hypertufa and images of things you can make of it. Try it, it is fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!