Pages

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Look What I Found


Ever since my childhood I have been fascinated with nature. To me it is a real cabinet of curiosity and this fascination will never fade.
Contrary to many people who dislike insects and say 'yikes!' to them, I am fascinated with they looks, number of species and at the most with their metamorphosis. I found this chrysalis today while digging in my garden. Clearly, it belongs to some butterfly, I'd said to some moth because it is rather big - like my thumb! Thanks God I did not hurt it with my hoe. I put it back to the ground and hope I haven't disturbed the transformation.
You can see large eyes and so called proboscis, this slightly coiled sucking part of the butterfly's mouth.

4 comments:

  1. Is this actually real? :) It looks like a piece of wood - nice camouflage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is real. It was moving so it is alive!

      Delete
  2. Didn't you fancy popping in into a container to see what it hatched out into?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I want it to hatch a natural way. Changing growing condition might kill it. In a container would probably be too warm.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!