Pages

Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Peonies II


Today, I represent the next two of my Peonies. The first one is this gorgeous pink flowered peony Paeonia lactiflora 'Monsieur Jules Elie'. This is its second flowering season since I have planted it in Autumn 2010. 


After it produced the single stem last year, this year it has five about 1 m tall stems, each of them carrying up to five flower buds. The flowers are rather heavy and I need to support them. No wonder, the flowers are really large, they reach up to 25 cm wide (10 inches). One branch broke under the weight of flowers and rain. 


The middle of the flower is packed with numerous petals surrounded by a single row of large ones. The flower also are highly fragrant so, this peony is real treasure in every garden.
The second one is Paeonia lactiflora 'Pink Hawaiian Coral'. It is really attractive because of this coral color of the petals.


The flowers are rose shaped, and fragrant. This year the bush itself doesn't look very much attractive because half of it is struck by some foliage disease. I did not have time to investigate what it actually is. I will let you know when I find out.


The flowers are short lived in compare to the other peonies but the color is really very attractive. It fades as it wilts and attracts lots of bees. This one already forms seed follicles. 




5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love all peonies. That coral one is possibly the most lovely peony I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers! The photo of the one with raindrops on it is lovely. It somehow emphasises the freshness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some self sown poppies with flowers that look just like the pink peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are almost flowering! I love their smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW and profit up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!