Pages

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Sempervivum


As the name Sempervivum or 'ever-living' says, these succulent plants are really hard to kill. They survive the drought and frost, frying sun and lack of soil. They can grow in the shade too but then, they loose their compact shape. 


These two grow on the stone crevices in my rock garden.


Single planted, they look cute in small old terracotta pots...


Some have woolly coats and produce quickly lots of children...


The perfect companion to Sempervium is Sedum. You can make such a beautiful mini rock garden in a broad shallow pot. This one is about 50 cm wide.







4 comments:

  1. That's a coincidence as I have posted about sempervivums and sedums today too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should say - mine didn't survive bird attack though and were most sempermortus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birds? I never saw birds attacking my sempervivums. How strange.

      Delete
  3. At first, I thought that it's a lettuce in the photos :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!