Pages

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Cumquat and Agapanthus


I am ashamed to admit I have completely forgotten all about my Cumquat tree. I have purchased it this Spring along the Japanese persimmon and planted it in a pot. As you can see, the foliage is not in a perfect healthy condition. This yellow patches are a classical sign of lack of the nutrient. I plan to repot it in Autumn before I get it inside to overwinter.
To my great surprise, the small tree is full of flowers and I am looking forward on seeing the first fruits. Obviously, the high temperatures does not do it any harm.


Another surprise in my garden comes again from a pot plant - Agapanthus. After two non-flowering years, this summer it produced four flower stems.


There is now a really big crowd in the pot and I think I will divide it in Autumn. The division is necessary every three or four years to keep the plant vigorous. 









3 comments:

  1. You Cumquat seems to be thriving on neglect! It must not have suffered much if it flowers so well. You must be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased, Alain. I just want the best for this small tree. I have already noticed the tiny fruits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While on holiday in Cornwall recently I was surprised to see how popular Agapanthus is there. It grows in huge quantities in all the gardens and public parks. It evidently enjoys the salty sea-breezes that are so characteristic of that part of our country!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!