Pages

Friday, 20 September 2013

Finally Finished!


I am on two weeks leave enjoying the things I like: music, peaceful reading in the cosy corner of my living room, going out to the woods and making pretty (I think) things. A passionate crafts women, that's what I am. I have finally finished the cross shaped succulent gardens ordered some weeks ago. Normally, making this hypertufa planters goes smoothly, but this time I had some troubles finishing them.


As the Bible says: 'To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven...' This verse crossed my mind when I was making this hypertufa crosses. Surely, hot summer days are the best time to do it. The planters are dry in 24 hours and still workable - I need to brush them off with a steel brush. 


Last week when I made them, the weather was cold and wet. It was raining and my planters took ages to dry. The two of them broke in a half when I started to brush the sides! Luckily, they may be repaired. So I did it but they again had to dry for some time.


Planting them requires lots of planting material and some time but, that is the best part of the whole job. I am rather content with the final result and I hope my customer will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!