Pages

Friday, 3 January 2014

Cat on the Tree


This morning when I was going out I heard some funny howling sound and noticed two cats on the apple tree on my neighbor's front garden. The scene was really hilarious. The two ginger cats pretty high up on the tree, looking like a fluffy balls bristling and threatening one another. I went back to the house to fetch my camera. When I got out again, one cat went down and I took the photo of the other one still sitting on the tree. Just look at it's face, it does look really angry, doesn't it?


I have no idea if they are the two tomcats fighting or a pair wooing. Anyway, this one on the tree was not pleased at all!

What's the weather like in your country these days? Here in Croatia, it feels more like early Spring. We had no white Christmas at all. It is unusually warm for this period of year with the air temperatures about 13°C. It will continue to be so at least until 10th of January. Is it good or bad, I can't really say. We will certainly pay less for the heating but, the nature is puzzled. Some roses have new shoots, some shrubs have new flowers, and the bulb shoots came out.


7 comments:

  1. Mild for the time of year here but not as warm as you are having it. Where we are we at least aren't suffering torrential rain or gales as in some areas of the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot imagine having the house flooded especially at this time of year. Poor people.

      Delete
  2. Those cats look supernatural! It is very cold where I live (Northern US), the high temperature should be -11 tomorrow. Enjoy your winter spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just seen the latest news from America. What extremes we have this year.

      Delete
  3. Is it not the case that all-ginger cats are always male?
    As Sue says, the weather in the UK has been warmer than usual, but also exceptionally wet and windy. We have had lots of severe flooding. No snow yet where I live (about 35 miles South of London.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know if all the ginger cats are male. I am going to make a Google search. I hear it for the first time. How interesting!

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed your posting, Vesna. I envy you your mild weather as I hate the cold here in northern US. I think Nature is puzzled all over the world right now. P. x

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!