Pages

Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Seedlings


Yesterday was the day to transplant the seedling into individual pots. I hope my improvised 'cold frame' will keep them safe. It is actually my grilling place but it serves perfectly another purposes as well. The nights are a bit cold and I need to throw over the nylon cover overnight to keep my seedlings warm. 
Last Spring was rather cold (this one is 4° warmer than an average!) and most of the seedlings were ruined. This year I sow all outdoors and have pretty good stock of kale, tomato, celery, parsley, tomatillo, lettuce and some flowers such as sunflower and lablab (hyacinth bean).


 There were so many Hellebores seedlings in the flower bed and I pulled the best of them up and planted into the pots. They get back as soon as I finish tiding up the beds. These were all around the red flowered Hellebore, I wonder if they will too have the same flower colour.
(Mark, I hope this will help you identify your seedlings)


10 comments:

  1. Your seedlings are all looking very healthy at the moment but you are right the nights do get cold and a bit of protection is definitely needed. Mine are all still in the greenhouse keeping safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had a greenhouse too! Maybe one day...

      Delete
  2. Your seedlings look very happy in the grill! Hellebore seedlings - wow, I wish I had so many of those. It will be fun to see what color they turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe how many Helleborus seeds have germinated The natural way is always the best.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Vesna, I'm pretty sure now that those seedlings of mine are Hellebores. They have serrated leaf edges just like the ones in your photo.
    The improvised coldframe is just the sort of thing that I do too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many plants on the grow! Fantastic. Now I need to go outside and get some more going :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finger crossed for all of them to grow up nicely. The nights became pretty cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you must watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Text Your Ex Back?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our trades NOW and make up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!