Pages

Monday, 28 April 2014

The New Book


One of my favourite book web shops is 'Bookdepository'. I buy my gardening and hobby-art books there for quite some time. They have a very good choice of books and free delivery worldwide.
My latest acquisition is a book by Tony Lord 'Best Borders'
I am quite delighted by it. He describes the borders in some of the best known English gardens such as Sissinghurst and Great Dixter.
What I love the most are the gardeners revealing the secrets of creating and maintaining such borders. There are also plans for most of them as well which is great inspiration for me.



Being gardener myself, I know how much effort is needed to take care about such borders even on a small scale. Just imagine these borders about 5 to 6 meters wide and up to 10 meters long!
I was always wondering how the plants stay upwards suffering the rain and wind... now I know some secrets of staking.
I am about to finish reading the book and will certainly employ some of the techniques I learned.


1 comment:

  1. I have this book too and it is the sort of book that you keep coming back to. It is full of great ideas for wonderful colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!