Pages

Monday, 23 June 2014

Herb List 1


Wooden wall of my garden shed proved to be an ideal place for drying herbs. It is warm and airy and takes only a few days for bunches of herbs to dry.That's what we want, don't we? If they are dried quickly they preserve more flavour. 
Some of my herbs are:

Salvia officinalis 'Icterina'

Purple Basil

Melissa officinalis, lemon balm

 mint

Mentha piperita, pepper mint

Rosmarinus officinalis, rosemary, trailing

Salvia officinalis 'Tricolor', sage

Salvia officinalis, sage




3 comments:

  1. I like your collection of salvias :) I have only one variety, but I want to expand my collection.

    I always dry tons of stinging nettle and mint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a tricolor sage which grew so weakly but yours looks really healthy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! But I'm not a great fan of dried herbs. I like them better fresh (with a few exceptions, like Oregano).

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!