Pages

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Hot Summer is Approaching


It was very hot yesterday, 35°C, and it is even hotter today.  The roses have passed their climax and the show time for day lilies starts. The very first to flower is common Hemerocalis fulva with orange flowers. It was also the first one I planted in my garden many years ago. The two clumps are pretty large now and I think I will dig up some of the roots in autumn to keep within place.

Hemerocalis fulva

The other cultivars of day lilies are just about to open their flowers.There is not much to do in the garden at the moment, just to enjoy it. It is too hot during the day but, in the evening is much better. The mosquito problem is also solved so, I can eat my dinner in the garden at ease. I purchased some new anti-mosquito liquid that may be sprayed on skin but also on clothes or bench. So far, so good. It works.


The peas are ready for harvesting so, that will be the only thing I am going to in the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.35 degrees! We think it hot at 25!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought when reading your post!

      Delete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!