Pages

Saturday, 14 June 2014

Polka


This climbing rose is a hybrid between 'Golden Showers' and 'Lichtkoenigin Lucia'. It is sold under the name 'Poka', 'Lord Byron' 'Twilight Glow' or 'Scented Dawn'. The flowers are pretty big, having 35+ ruffled petals and beautiful scent.


It is a very vigorous rose, well resistant to diseases. My bush is about one meter in diameter and two metres high. The first flowering wave is gone now but after I have cut the faded flowers off, the rose developed many new buds and soon it will flower again.


This rose actually blooms in flushes throughout the season. This apricot colour is really wonderful. The shade fade away as the flower matures. The flowers are grouped 5 - 7 at the top of the shoots.


I am giving 10 out of 10 to this rose!


Purchased at Virag roses.






3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful colour. I'm looking for climbing rose this colour with single flowers, good perfume and no black spot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have never heard of that rose, although I know its parents. How beautiful! Fantastic color - now if only I could find room for it somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10/10 from me too! :) It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!