Pages

Saturday, 28 June 2014

Hemerocallis Again


The Hemerocallises are at their peak at the moment. This year is particularly good for vegetation because of the weather - the rain and sun exchanging in regular intervals made it rather luxuriant. 


As you know, the individual flowers last only for a day, but they have still many flowers to open and I expect them to flower for at least one more week.


These two are planted in 2012. Last year they had only one flower. Some cultivars take years to grow into a big clump and flower abundantly. The one on the photo above is called 'Amadeus'.   


This is the beautiful 'Avant Garde'. 


2 comments:

  1. I love them! At the beginning I didn't even pay attention to them. I was thinking "oh.. another lilies.." - but suddenly, last year I took a closer look at these typical orange day lilies and thought "omg! they're beautiful!". As a result, in autumn I bought 3 more varieties, but unfortunately, they will flower next year :(

    Thanks for sharing such beautiful day lilies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The purple variety is very striking,

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!