Pages

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

The New Sitting Place


This patio with concrete bench was made in 2002. Twelve years ago? I was completely unaware how much time passed by since we made it. Every now and then it needs to be repainted because the falling leaves and rain make it dirty. There is also a nice oak table there but it is always covered, unrighteously so, with the wax table cloth to protect it, again, from the rain.
I always wanted to make a roof over it but somehow, money was needed for some other things.


This year, finally, the time has come to do it. I cannot tell you how happy I am. I am sure I will spend more time sitting here, having coffee, lunch, dinner. In summer it was too hot sitting there as the site is in a full sun in the afternoon. The roof is nearly finished, it just needs some support beams under the roof and between the columns to prevent the construction to wobble. But, I had my morning coffee today on my old-new sitting place.


I have scrubbed the patio and painted the bench white. My plan is to plant a kind of climber beside the column to go high up to the roof. Would it be a rose or a clematis or something else I haven't decide yet.

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, that looks VERY nice! I hope the weather is kind to you and allows you to enjoy the new garden "room" a lot. Why not try putting in a Wistaria plant, or even maybe a grape vine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark. I am so pleased with it. I will certainla consider your suggestions. Wistaria or a grape vine would look nice trained up the pole and along the roof edges.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure that roof will make all the difference ti how much use you get out of the area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And what a difference. I have already had my morning coffee there today.

      Delete
  3. The seating area looks wonderful and I bet you get alot of use out of it over the coming months. Maybe a climbing rose of some sort?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'd plant some vines around it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful and cozy spot for a cup of tea and homemade jam! Love the beautiful carved wood posts. A clematis and/or climbing rose would look splendid there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals today and profit up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!