Pages

Friday, 5 September 2014

Salsa Verde



Some days ago I harvested my first tomatillo. The papery husks split and the fruit skin which was exposed to sun turned dark violet. I supposed they were ripe and I picked up eight of them. I  roasted paprika in the oven for salad today so I roasted the tomatillos as well.


I chopped well one paprika, roasted tomatillos, one garlic clove and some celery leaves. Normally, I need cilantro, that is coriander, but I haven't got any. I added a pinch of salt and two spoons of lime juice. The slightly sour taste is very good, and I served as a side dish to roasted meat and potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I shall be interested to hear if you find anything to make with the tomatillos other than salsa verde! when I grew them I got a huge crop from just two plants, but we soon ran out of ideas on how to use them. I think they are not as versatile as tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!