Pages

Monday, 6 July 2015

Powdery Mildew


Unfortunately, a fungal disease attacked the honeysuckle that climbs the terrace fence. I haven't noticed it until some days ago, and it seems that it spreads rapidly. Being do severely affected, I think I am going to remove the whole plant by cutting it down to the ground. It grows rather quickly, and I only hope the new growth would be healthy. 


So it is in the garden, some plants grow healthy and vigorously, the other decline. Astrantia 'Shaggy' is very beautiful this year. 


2 comments:

  1. One of our lupins is suffering badly from mildew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each year both the squash and cucumbers get bad cases of powdery mildew; the only saving grace is that they usually produce a good crop before they totally succumb. Well, the cucumbers do anyhow - I'm still working on getting halfway decent sized squash plants & a good harvest.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!