Pages

Monday, 14 September 2015

Working Hard


Six beautiful days are ahead and I tend to use them to tidy up my garden. I finally started to rearrange the south border. I chopped down the juniper tree because it tilted too much over the border. Then I dug out all the plants. I want to work the ground thoroughly before I plant them back. It is going to be a lot of hard work digging the entire ground over and adding compost and manure. Planning the border is the easy part. The thing is that I need to finish preparing the bed today and plant all the plants tomorrow. They have been staying in water for two days. 


A part of the south border as it looks now. I need to level up the lawn and sow some new grass as well. How odd it looks now so bare. This is how it looked like in 1995 and 1997!


It is still the old neighbour's house wall behind and the juniper was so small.


The tall Sedum telephium 'Autumn Joy' justifies its name. It is not yet in full bloom but, it is already full of busy bees.


Walnut collecting is in order.


Liriope muscari


Fuchsia magellanica, the hardy one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!