Pages

Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Feeding the Birds


We have a lot of snow these days, and it is pretty cold. I hung the bird feeders on the terrace and put a few seed plates on the table.


I use various type of feed because I have a mix bird population in my garden. 
The most numerous birds are, of course, the sparrows. They are ground feeders, and for them, I just scatter the food around. 


I put the different kind of bird feed on the plates and feeders: sunflower seeds, dry raisins, apple slices, flax, suet, peanuts and walnuts. Bread is not good for the birds. They cannot digest it and mostly die from it.


What kinds of bird use to come? Well, the most common are tits (four species), blackbirds, and Eurasian nuthatches. The robin comes rarely because he is shy and keeps the distance. 


Jays and woodpeckers come only occasionally.











1 comment:

  1. Strangely our sparrows love the hanging feeders and form a queue to use them.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!