Pages

Thursday, 20 April 2017

Winter Comeback


This is how my garden looked like this morning. The wind that came overnight broke down a lot of wisteria flowers and tender shoots of other plants. There was no frost, and if the temperatures in the next few days keep around 1°C, there shouldn't be big damage in the garden. 


The weather is supposed to improve on Saturday. I managed to mow the lawn yesterday. The grass was already pretty high due to the rain preventing me from cutting it. The vegetable garden is now covered with the 2 cm of snow, but it is certainly much better than being exposed to the possible frost. 


The beetroot and chard germinated very well, I only hope the seedlings are tough enough to survive this weather change. And, it is not so uncommon in the continental climate.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!