Pages

Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Collecting the First Seeds


Campsis radicans, the Trumpet vine, finally splits open. Some of the last year's capsules fell down on the ground, and have collected the seeds. I don't really need it, but a friend of mine would like to try growing the Trumpet vine from seed. 



The early blooming Allium schoenoprasum, Chives, has already brought the seeds. I am planning the new herb garden and will sow it right on the site. 


Nigella, Love-in-a-Mist is not yet ripe for the picking, but I keep a close watch on it. This one has pale pink flowers instead of usual blue. It is also a good self-seeder so, I will let few capsules to spread the seeds naturally.


Levisticum officinalis, Lovage being a bold and bushy plant, sprouted the umbrella-like flower the sky high. It is over two meters high this year! The last year, the seeds I collected from this plant, travelled literally all over the world. Happy to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!