Pages

Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Mulching the Vegetable Garden


As I said yesterday, I opened one of my compost bins and saw it is ready for use. I have just finished mulching my vegetable garden beds. The compost was this time incredibly dark.


I think I the brown to green material ratio was almost ideal because I had plenty of leaves, cardboard and brown paper, plus, kitchen waste, some sheep manure and green waste. So, I could always make a good mixture of diverse material. 


I also poured over it dead nettle and comfrey manure a few times. It is a very good composting process activator. The compost is about ten months old. Lovely to see the creatures in it.


And, this is the final result.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Love to read the news from your garden too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I must say, this year so far I have no pests or diseases in the garden.

      Delete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!