Pages

Wednesday, 5 July 2017

An Unexpected Guest


I was sitting in my living room when I heard a sudden bump into the kitchen door. I knew immediately what it was, a bird confusing the real tree for a mirroring image in the door glass.


It happens now and then and it is usually a small bird like a sparrow or the great tit, but today it was an unexpected guest - a woodpecker.


I put him on the table into a basket to protect him from the cat. He looked OK, except he felt woozy a bit from the stroke.


I gave him some water and spray him all over as well. He sat there for a few minutes and then, suddenly, flew away. I am so happy he's OK.
By the way, it is Dendrocopos medius, middle spotted woodpecker.


1 comment:

  1. So glad he was OK. It isn't a species that we have in the UK

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!