Pages

Monday, 10 July 2017

Pumkins and Gourds


This gourd accidentally germinated right on the spot where I sowed the ornamental bindweed. 


  As it seems, they two happily grow together. 



In spite of very hot days, 33 - 37°C in the last week, all the pumpkin and courgette vines grow like crazy. 


We haven't had much rain and regular watering is in order.


I am happy to say that almost every flower of the squash 'Harrier' (Cucurbita moschata) is successfully pollinated and there will be lots os squashes from only two plants. It's a butternut squash type, one of the earliest maturing variety.


2 comments:

  1. I struggle to clear the non-ornamental form of bindweed from our allotment. I have cleared lorry loads of the stuff away this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks interesting! The color is unusual!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!