Pages

Thursday, 13 July 2017

Tomatoes


Tomatoes look good this year, maybe because the weather is dry and there is no trace of any fungal diseases. I do water them regularly, spray with horsetail soup and feed with my homemade comfrey fertiliser.


I have no idea what sorts of tomato I have except 'Maskotka' and 'Gigantomo' that I grew myself from seed. But, these two bear no fruit yet only the flowers.


I picked up a few ripe tomatoes yesterday. Soon it will be more. 


This is 'Jabučar' (meaning 'Apple'), the Serbian breed. The plants have grown enormously big up to bamboo canes, 1.8 m! If I had known they would be so big I would give them more space.


The fruit will be pretty big, a handful of just one tomato. This variety matures a bit late in the season, so I am supposed to have enough tomatoes throughout the season.

1 comment:

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!