Pages

Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Cherry Tomatoes and Blackberries


Every year all over my vegetable garden appears quite a lot of cherry tomato seedlings. As they fell off, the seeds survive in the ground even the harshest winter. I leave only a few of them in my vegetable garden cause they are pretty vigorous plants and need lots of space.


On the other hand, on a patch of ground that actually isn't my garden, but I have a permission to use it, I leave about 10 plants. I don't stake them, but simply leave them to crawl and spread. I harvest them every other day as they ripen.


At this very place on the other side of my garden fence, there are wild brambles growing through the bushes. The berries are pretty big and shiny so, I believe they are crossed-pollinated with some of the cultivated ones. Last autumn I cut them all to the ground. This year the new stems are full of fruits. 


I picked up this bowl of blackberries in just ten minutes. And, it is only a third of the total that I should pick up today. There are lots of red, semi-ripe blackberries and I am looking forward to another good harvest.








1 comment:

I love your comments and appreciate your visit. Thank you!